Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do before my child attends?
- Please contact the Family assistance office on 136150 or www.humanservices.gov.au to register your child for child care subsidy. You will need to provide your family and your child’s reference numbers on the enrolment form. If these numbers are not provided full fees will be applicable. For further information regarding this process please see www.mychild.gov.au or ask our Nominated Supervisor.
- Obtain and upload a copy of your child’s immunisation history statement. This must be provided before your child commences. Please see www.humanservices.gov.au
- Obtain upload your child’s birth certificate to the centre so we are able to make a copy for your child’s file.
- Complete the provided enrolment form and attached forms.
- Bring any applicable court orders to the centre.
- Bring any medications/ plans that may be required
What do I need to bring each day?
All children need at least two changes of clothes, not only for toileting accidents, but for water play also. Please also bring a jacket/ jumper in the cooler months. If your child requires a bottle/s and formula you will need to bring this in too. If your child has any comforters, blankies, dummies etc please supply these. Please bring in your service supplied hat for your child each day. Please remember to LABEL EVERYTHING.
How do I pay fees?
Fees are payable through Qikkids Ezipay.
If my child is sick or we go on holidays can I make up the day?
No, sorry we do not offer makeup days.
Who can pick up my child?
The enrolment form has a section that you are able to write all emergency contacts on. Please add anyone you think
may need to pick up your child as your child will not be released to any person that is not on this list. When a new
person is picking up your child for the first time we will need to sight their license or other photo ID to identify them. People can be added to this list at any time, but we will require this in writing please.
What if my child needs medication?
If your child has a pre-existing condition such as anaphylaxis or asthma a long term medication form and appropriate
plans will need to be filled out prior to your child’s first day.
If your child needs medication such as antibiotics a short term medication form needs to be filled out for each day
your child requires this medication. ALL medication that is given to your child MUST clearly state your child’s name
and date medication was prescribed. We are unable to administer any medication that is not prescribed by a doctor.
Please do not leave any medication in your child’s bag.
Hours of operation
The centres operate Monday to Friday excluding [Public Holidays].
Balgownie 8.00am – 5.30pm
Unanderra 7.00am – 6.00pm
A late fee of $5.00 per minute is payable for failure to collect on time.
What if my child has a special dietary requirement?
Balgownie - Meals are provided by you at these sites. Please discuss however with educators your child’s needs so that we can alert other families also.
Unanderra - We are able to cater for any dietary requirement your child has. Please discuss this before your child’s first day.
Inclusion and Your Child?
Kindy Korner promotes a culture of inclusion for all families, regardless of skills, gender, beliefs and values. The centre has access to local support agencies to assist families in finding support for themselves, their family and their child. Please raise any of your concerns/needs with the Nominated Supervisor.
What if my child is unwell?
Please keep your child at home if they are unwell as illnesses can quickly spread in a childcare environment. If your
child s unwell vomits, has a temperature above 38 degrees or has two loose stools while under our care we will call you to come
and collect them. The child is then unable to return to the centre until 24 hours after they have been sent home. For more information regarding this please see Parent Information Handbook.
Can you apply nappy rash creams on my child?
If your child requires barrier creams e.g. sudocrem it needs to be labelled by a pharmacist or a doctor.
What do I need to do if I want to change my child’s days or we no longer require care?
A termination of booking form is available from staff if you wish to leave the service. Similarly, a change of
booking form is available if you wish to change your child’s days, all changes will commence two weeks after
this form is filled out. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask on enrolment.
What do I do if I'm not happy with something?
- You can speak with any staff member and express your concerns
- If your concern is unresolved you can then speak with the Nominated Supervisor
- If you feel the nominated supervisor hasn't actioned your feed back you can then contact the Approved Provider.
- It is the services intent to work collaboratively with families in resolving any issues.